Thursday, July 28, 2011

NEW FROM EVOL







Evol never fails to impress, his work for Nuart was exemplary and livened up a whole neighbourhood, it's still a talking point in the city and a pleasure to pass the pieces on the way downtown to Nuart towers. His latest work for MS Dockville Music Festival in Hamburg, though far from his usual urban playground, is equally stunning.

From Evol
Earlier this year I have been kindly invited to an art festival as part of the MS Dockville Music Festival, which is going to happen in mid August.


Usually I prefer to work on site by interfering with already existing structures.
As I came there first, this is what I found: end less meadow, trees and blue sky.
Not exactly what I play with usually. So I decided to cut open the idyll, and pretend there is no endless meadow, but only rooftop-​gardens of the disgust underneath …


8 exhausting days of hard work (at least for people who usually cut paper only).


Thanks to my adorable helpers Matthias H. and Matthi R. and the Dockville Team, esp. Laura, Doro, Arvid, Felix, Christoph..

msdockville.​de/​


via Evol's flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment